Monday, June 20, 2011

Maya News Updates Banner 2007
Maya News Updates 2011, No. 22: Quiriguá, Guatemala - Series of Images of the Recently Excavated Ballgame Panel
On August 12, 2010, archaeologists working at Quiriguá, Guatemala, uncovered a panel illustrating a ballgame scene. The discovery of the panel and a preliminary analysis of its text and image was presented to the press on March 8, 2011 (see Maya News Updates 2011, No. 10). Below I present a series of images providing better views of the panel and its visual narrative (source: Parque Quiriguá Facebook page):







I hope these pictures provide a better record of the panel than the images I previously posted. Now, if even better pictures are available, please let me know so I can post them at Maya News Updates.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these here!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home